Saturday, March 14, 2015

Symbols Silly Not Cymbals

Fleekers fleekers mighty mighty fleekers!

OK. I am in a weird mood.  Lol but when are my posts not cra cra?  Lol.

Alright.  Let's get down to business.  Eh eh eh eh hem. (Why am I clearing my throat when I am typing?  Who knows?)

OK.  So let's talk symbols.  What are symbols?  No they are not those round shiny gold things that the band geek (I can say that proudly cause I was one) would bang together and scare the crap out of you.  No no no...this is Symbols as in * $ # ! ? (And no I am not swearing.  Lol.)
Those little things that you see everywhere in bullet journals.

There are thousand upon thousands of symbols you could use for your book.  There are many people who are very creative and use stamps and stickers.  I want to get into that I just need to take the time and do it.

But as for me, I just use the plain old handwritten symbols.

These next two pictures were my original plans of the symbols I was going to use:



I purposefully put them on these sticky graph papers so I could tear them out if I ended up not using them.  Which I really haven't.

So.  I started using them at the beginning:


Do you see some if the originally planned symbols there?

Then as I started searching for bullet journal ideas I saw how people used their symbols and got a little creative with where I put mine:

My intent here was to check off in the boxes when I got something done.  When I had to forward the task I would put it to the left in the vertical parallel lines.  Just to try and help me see better what was being forwarded.  I hope that makes sense.  

Well.  That didn't work for too long so this is what happened next:



So I took out the second line.  It looks sloppy with the white out but that is part of the fun with bullet journaling.  Just seeing what tweaks are made and what new ideas you come up with or borrow from others.  

I am still working on this symbol system.  I would like to try more stamping and once my ban of buying new supplies is over I will get more cute stamps.  
 I did try a bit of stamping at first:


So as you can see I am still working on what symbols I want and how many.  I think if I have too many I will get overwhelmed.  
You can also use mark it dots too if that would work for you.  
I have used those in my Filofax and loved them.  You can get them on Amazon here. At least that is where I got mine.  

Here is an example of how to use those as a symbol:

Or you could even color code your tasks.  


There are so many ways you can use symbols.

So...now it's your turn!  Homework time!
This time I want you to pick three or four symbols that you feel you can use consistently.  Just pick three or four.  If you pick too many you might feel overwhelmed.  May be fill in your box for completed tasks.  An ! for completed items.
An * for important.  

Just use those ones for now and see how they go.  I would love to see pictures!!  

Don't forget to check out my Facebook page.
and my 
Instagram (refer to button under blog title).

As always happy fleeking!!

No comments:

Post a Comment