Wednesday, January 28, 2015

My New Bullet Journal

Hello Fleekers!

I am now introducing you to my bullet journal. (I would like to give full photo credit to my lovely sister Jennie Robins.)

 Ready?  Here it is:

I got this journal at a local grocery store.  It kinda reminds me something from Lord of the Rings.  It is a collage ruled journal.  
On the front inside cover I have some graph paper stickey notes.  These have my symbols.  If you are unfamiliar with the bullet journal here is a link of the original man who came up with this brilliant idea: Bullet Journal Intro




On the next pages I have some sticky notes and an envelope.  I put my outgoing things kchecks to deposit, things to pay etc), in this envelope.  It is just a regular envelope glued with a glue stick.  


On the next spread is my January month spread.  I don't like the list view on my phone but this has been working very well.  I don't put my work schedule or my church schedule unless there is something unusual such as a family event at church or I end up covering for someone). On the right is a list of tasks that need to be done by the end of the month.



The next spread is my weekly.  On the left is I dunno what to call it...my lay out?  I got this original idea here.  I really liked the lay out she used.  So I used her idea and made it my own.  I am still tweaking it every week to see what will work.
I used the flags for sub notes.  



Every week I have a food log.  I got the stamps from 
 Bella Creationz on Etzy.  They are very cute.  I also use the Momento Dew Drop Ink that I got from Michael's.  I might have a slight new addiction of going there.  I have to limit myself.






I like the idea of tracking habits.  Both good and bad.  There for I have borrowed ideas from others of off Pinterest  ideas on how to track in my journal.  My pages don't have 31 lines so I have to improvise.  This lay out is pretty sloppy so improvements need to be made but I like the idea.  I keep track on my weekly pages then transfer those to the monthly tracking.  I haven't kept up very well but I hope to do better.


Woosh.  How we doing so far?  Hanging in there?  Oh good.  Almost done!


Now.  I am a horrible example of staying within my means.  I have tried budget after budget.  Nothing seemed to stick.  So I came up with this idea.  So far it seems to be working as far as keeping track.  Staying within my budget? Yet to be determined.


This is a list of my goals for the year.  



On the right is a project page.  The lay out is from OrganizedLikeJen.  
I like her system of projects a lot.  However I need to implement it more in my getting things done.  I think the lay out will work well it's just a matter of getting it done.  On the left is my online ordering in which we will look at in a moment.




This is a master packing list.  Depending on where I am going obviously makes a difference in what I will take.  But I wanted just a master pack list just to have everything written down.  More so just another list to make.  Lol.




Now.  Just as I promised here is a look at my online ordering.  I might have a slight problem.  OK a big problem.  Must get this under control..
But this is where I keep track of what I ordered, when I ordered it, how much, when it came etc.



And there you have it.  

Now wait a minute....what about an index.  Did I miss it?  No you didn't.  You are fine.  Phew!  
I decided that the indexing would not work.  I need am easy way to find my pages here and now.  Therefore I use the page flags (can be found at Staples or any office supply store).  On the top are the most frequently used pages such as my weekly, monthly and budget tabs.  On the right I have the smaller flags which have things that I want to find easily but may not need every day.  Such as food journal, menu, etc.



And you made it!  Yay!  Thanks for spending the time joining me today going through my new system.  If you have any questions or want me to go into more details let me know!  

Here is a sneak peek at my February pages...I might have gotten sticker happy.

As always happy Fleeking and hope you have a wonderful day!



No comments:

Post a Comment