Monday, April 20, 2015

Family Fleeker Workshop

Hello Fleekers!

So I have received a few questions about my family workshop that I presented at a few weeks ago.

I had been taking to my aunt about my previous bullet journal and she was very interested in it.  She asked me if I would be willing to present at our annual family workshop.  I said sure!

So.  She made a little invite and we got together before hand to discuss planners and the materials that I use.  She also showed me her planners and how she plans.

When the day came I set up my planners and brought some of my supplies as this photo shows:
Photo credit MO


I just showed one of my washi tape containers, my sticker binder and several planners that I have used in the past.

I sort of had an idea of what I wanted to talk about.  I had a lay out written out:

My family is very friendly.  Lol.  They love to be together.  So it's hard to stand up and talk/lecture them.

My aunt had given them ask a composition notebook.  

  So I basically just showed them the video if the original bullet journal.  Then I had them fill out April as the video described.  They had a lot of questions about if they had more events on the same day and what to do.  Others had questions on washi tape.  

I think if I were to present again I would do it differently.  Mostly be prepared more.  I would have blown up examples of my pages so they could see better.  I now know the type of questions that will be asked so I would be better prepared with answers and examples.

My aunt had a bunch of prizes (enough for everyone) such as washi tape, stickers pens and journals.  

One if my cousins uses her phone for her planner so we talked about that.  My sister had one of those spiral weekly ones from Kinkos.  The important thing I think when talking about planners and giving ideas is to remember that everyone does things differently.  That's what I liked about it is seeing how my family made their plans and got things done.  

I did have my mom talk a little bit to show the differences in our bullet journals.  

Photo credit MO
I had a blast being with my family.  Plus talk about planners.  Who in the planner community doesn't love that?  

So there you have it.  My first ever Fleeker workshop.

Happy Fleeking

No comments:

Post a Comment